Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Night Swan

I am still reading Ceremony right now, but at the point I am at right now, I am just lost in the development of the timeline. But in my confusion, I was able to be introduced to a peculiar side character known only as Night Swan. She is a dancer that Josiah had met at a bar one time, and if I am not mistaken in the descriptions of Josiah, I think he is or was in love with her. It all started with a request for a cigarette, and escalated quickly to a private dance. The private dance was a flamenco inside a room at the bar, but it was unlike anything Josiah had seen before. It was as if he was mesmerized, focusing only on the dance as the music and her dancing sped up. He was like this the whole time that he stayed with Night Swan, except for the last minutes he was with her that day. For some reason, Josiah saw something in Night Swan that could force him away from all he knew and loved before, and he called her a witch and threatened to have everyone else run her out of town. Then, once again, the timeline confuses me as she was talking about love of dance and how she was accused of murdering a woman's husband. I am not sure if this all took place during the same day, but Night Swan is such a mysterious character that I lost track of keeping the timeline. She said that she was a grandmother and then she recalled the time she decided to settle down in the bar as a retirement home. She definitely is a strange character- strange enough for Old Grandma to have a few stories to tell about her apparently. I wonder how long she knew about Night Swan.

No comments:

Post a Comment